Jackie W. "Jack" Thompson
2/27/1949 - 10/8/2017
PEKIN ~ Jackie Wayne “Jack” Thompson, 68, of Pekin, passed away at 7:19 p.m. Sunday, October 8, 2017 at OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria.
Born February 27, 1949 in Mapleton to Alfred Joseph and Sidney Madge (Bonebrake) Thompson, he married Nancy J. Eisler on April 8, 1972 in Hinsdale. She survives.
Also surviving are one daughter, Amy Thompson of Pekin; one son, Andrew (Ruth) Thompson of Mackinaw; two grandchildren, Taylor Thompson and Nola Thompson and one sister, Mazine (Bill) Trumpy of South Pekin.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers and two sisters.
Jack was a graduate of Western Illinois University in Macomb, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Earth Science and a minor in Political Science.
He worked for Rohn Manufacturing in Bartonville for 25 years, last working as a Galvanizing Supervisor. He then worked for and later retired from Air-Land Transport in Morton.
His priority was time spent with family. He enjoyed shooting pool, mushroom hunting and taking rides in his little black sports car. He was also fond of dogs.
Per his wishes, no services or visitation are planned and cremation will be accorded by Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Illinois CancerCare Foundation, 8940 North Wood Sage Road, Peoria, IL 61615.
To express condolences online, visit www.preston-hanley.com
- Rhonda Mahan -
- Keli Maloney - Friend
- Wendy Logsdon - Friend
- Crystal Glover - friend
- Dan Glover - Friend and fellow pool player
- Mike and Chris Schaefer - Friend
- Linda Tucker - Pool
- Corrie Salmon -
- Angie Bruder -
- Samantha Glover - Friend
- Gerry and Leanne Woods - friend
- Jim Burdette - friend to family
- Angela & Nathan Ibbotson - Friends
- Juanita VanBuskirk - Friend
- Mandy Majors - Friend
- John & Twyla Hinz - Friend of Amy
- Gordon Sweatt - Friend
- Pat Swearingen - Classmate
- Jay Sheldon II - Boss & Friend 20+ years
- Wendy Rogers - Friend/pool
- Jennifer Harris - Co worker
- Keith and Jana Bonnett -
- Janet Homerin - Friend
- Norma Cox Carlyle - classmate
- Cari Ranney - Friend
- Debbie Carls - Brooke Lanans mom
- Mary Jane Ingram - co-worker of Nancy
- Norma Hobler - friend and former neighbor
- Dennis Bantz - Friend
- Sharon (Maple) Goff - Classmate
- Sarah, Tim and Matthew Lamb - 2nd cousin