Janet M. Wallin-Saal
12/5/1959 - 4/13/2018
NORTH PEKIN ~ Janet Marie Wallin-Saal, 58, of North Pekin, passed away at 2:40 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2018 at her home.
Born December 5, 1959 in Pekin to Robert O. and Vivian Mae (Maquet) Wallin, she married Robert Lee Saal on June 18, 1988 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Surviving are her husband; one sister, Barbara Ann (Bob) Madsen of San Diego, California; one nephew, Walker Robert Madsen; one step-sister, Hillary Flack of Fort Myers, Florida; and her step-mother, Vicki Fling of Fort Myers, Florida. Also surviving are three brothers-in-law, George (Sharon) Saal and Steve (Susan) Saal, both of Pekin, and Tom (Silvia) Saal of Plantation, Florida; one sister-in-law, Mary Jane Sours of Pekin; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother, David Robert Wallin.
A 1978 graduate of Pekin Community High School, she received her Associates Degree in Applied Science from Illinois Central College in East Peoria. She later received her Hygienist Degree from ICC.
Jan was a registered dental hygienist and had worked for Dr. Ronald Cornu in Pekin for several years. In 1995, she began working for Stoller General Dentistry in Pekin, last working Monday, April 9th with over 22 years of service. She also had been the manager of the family business, Twin Lakes Beach in North Pekin in earlier years.
She attended Saint Joseph Catholic Church in Pekin.
Jan enjoyed playing in her bunco club, fishing, and gardening. She loved being an aunt. She will be remembered for having a great outlook on life, always being positive, and being a giving, caring, and loving soul.
A memorial service celebrating Jan’s life will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 21, 2018 at Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin. Deacon Tim Blanchard will officiate. Visitation will be from 1 to 2:45 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Tazewell Animal Protective Society, 100 TAPS Lane, Pekin, IL 61554.
To express condolences online, visit www.preston-hanley.com
- Rob and Debbie Fornoff - Friend
- Bill Grimm - friend
- Phil Durham - Friend
- Nancy Hancock Healy - Friend
- Vicki Sams-Sapp -
- Nic Maquet - Cousin
- Sharon Bernshausen - Friend/coworker
- Julie & Kent Hamilton - Friends
- Holly Lhamon - Friend
- Theresa Snell - Friend
- Joe and Linda Stoner - Friend
- Fred and Linda Massaglia - Friends
- Fred and Linda Massaglia - Friends
- Chris&Kim Joesting - Friend
- mark VonDerHeide - Friend
- STEVE and Dena RANKIN - Friend
- Lisa Brown - Friend
- Pam Waller - Friend
- Teresa Workman - Friend
- Karen & DuWayne Ranney - Friends
- Barb Cadagin - Friend
- lynn wertz - friend
- Michael Gardner - Friend
- Nancy (Stark) Hangartner - Friend
- Kim Maquet - cousin
- Andy Rubenstein - Friend
- Mary Jo Alessi - Friend
- Rosie Tebben - Friend
- Kim Deakin - Friend and co-worker
- Jeff Karch - friend
- Susan & Madelyn Rasmussen - Friend
- Jean Snyder - Friend
- Deb and Paul Siebert - Friends
- Denny and Dot Jackson - Friends
- Shirley, craig Swoik - Friends
- Sue & Al Johnson - Friend
- Paul & Linda Robertson - family friend
- Pam Wolfe - friend
- Keli and Greg Maloney - Friends
- Rex Pogioli - friend
- Steve and Peggy Jans - Friend
- Jean and Bob Strickfaden - friend
- Cathy Foster-Heissler - Friend
- Shawn Hoehn-Muth - Friend
- Bobbi Prather - Friend
- Bob and Debby Dant - Friends
- Ron and claire Maquet - Friend
- Liz Breese-Endsley - friend
- Mark Smith - Friend
- Bob and Atha Short - Friend
- Stewart Umholtz - Friend
- Carolyn/Rich Root - Friends
- Dori Smith - Friend
- Teresa Morris Sebelist - Friend
- Jean Tittle - friend/classmate
- Ed&Kelly Moeller - friend
- LeeAnn and Nicholas Neavear - Friend
- Robin and Bill zimmerman - friend
- Dennis Crowell - Friend
- Jerry Andrews - Friend
- JIM EATON - FRIEND
- Stephanie Ragias-White - friend
- Carolyn Stagg - Friend
- Barb Brown and Ken McMillan - friend
- Brenda Sangalli/Dean - Friend
- Toni Fischer-Weber - Friend
- Terra Conn - Friend
- Kay L Miars - Family Friend
- Judi Archdale - longtime friend
- Larry & Connie Hoffert - Friends